Kogan launches 5” Quad-core Smartphone for under £150
London, United Kingdom, 19 September 2013 – Direct to consumer technology manufacturer Kogan.com/uk which makes the latest technology more affordable for all Brits, today launched a brand new, affordable, powerful quad-core smartphone.
At just £149, the Kogan Agora Quad-core Smartphone boasts a 5in HD IPS screen, a 1.2Ghz quad-core processor, Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, dual SIM capability, and an 8 megapixel camera.
Following the successful launch of the Agora Smartphone earlier this year, Kogan has upped the ante today with its new design. The Kogan Agora 5” Quad-core Smartphone is packed with features usually only found in smartphones four times the price.
Ruslan Kogan, founder and CEO of Kogan, said British shoppers deserved an affordable smartphone that still packed a punch.
“Some big tech companies think they can launch a phone for the budget-conscious consumer and still price it at over £450. At Kogan, we know better.
“We think everyone should be able to afford a great smartphone that has all the main features that you want, without paying for features you don’t need.
“The launch of our first smartphone at CES this year was a roaring success, with many calling it the best bang for buck in the world. But, we know we can do even better. We’ve taken all the feedback we received and poured it into this new design.
“We have a very active social media community who regularly provide us with suggestions on what they would like to see next in a smartphone.
“Thousands of customers said they want a phone that looks stylish, but is also powerful and feature-packed – and that’s exactly what the Kogan Agora Quad-core Smartphone delivers.
“The team at Kogan has been working hard to create not just the best value smartphone in Britain, but the best in the world,” Kogan said.
The Kogan Agora Quad-core Smartphone is available for £149, direct and exclusively from Kogan.com: kogan.com/uk/buy/agora-50-quad-core-smartphone/
- CPU: 1.2Ghz Quad Core Processor
- OS: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Screen Resolution: 1280 x 720
- Screen Type 5″ IPS LCD Screen
- 2000mAh Battery
- Internal Storage: 4GB
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- Camera: 8MP Rear Camera, 2MP Front Camera
- Connectivity: 3G Tri-Band (850/1900/2100), WiFi 802.11b/g/n, GPS, BT 4.0
- SIM: Dual Mini-SIM
- Kogan unveils 5-inch quad-core smartphone with a price tag of 149 GBP (intomobile.com)
- Kogan takes aim at smartphone big boys with $189 5-inch, quad-core Android handset (thenextweb.com)
- Kogan Launches New 5-Inch Agora Quad-core Smartphone For $189 (thedroidguy.com)
- Kogan launches $190 quad-core, 5-inch 720p smartphone (electronista.com)
- New Kogan Agora Android Smartphone Announced (geeky-gadgets.com)
- Would You Buy a No-Name Phone, Even If the Specs Were Amazing? (gizmodo.co.uk)