STEP 3. Starting your first Hangout on Air
Go to The Pro’s and Con’s of HOAs to see why you should get in the swim.
A negative view: WHY THEY SHOULD CALL IT HANGUPS ON AIR.
How to start a Hangout on Air.
1. Visit plus.google.com/hangouts.
2. Click Start a Hangout On Air.
3. Give your broadcast a name and invite the people you want to join.
4. You can add a trailer for your show (must be an existing Youtube video).
5. Once everyone’s joined and you’re ready to go live, click START BROADCAST at the top of the screen.
Once you’ve clicked Start broadcast, you’re officially “On Air” and the public will be able to watch your live broadcast.
You’ll see the notification at the top of the window saying either “on air” or “off air” to indicate the status of your broadcast.
You can easily embed the live player of your Hangout On Air in another website.
Once you’re in the Hangout On Air, click EMBED and copy the YouTube URL or HTML code and paste it wherever you want it displayed.
Once the Hangout On Air is embedded, viewers can watch it directly from your website.
And here’s an actual embedded HOA.
STEP 4 is in preparation – but you can get started right now!
To view the complete tutorial Go BACK to STEP 1.